Wednesday 8 April 2020

The Players Starting Map

So far I have been exploring the world ship and populating the various regions. But that's not what my players see. At its heart this is supposed to be a bit of a hex crawl, inspired by the "Isle of Dread" and "Tomb of Annihilation" style of play, just with aliens in addition to the dinosaurs.

So as a quick post, here is my player side map (6 mile hex):


The map is centered around the Gaumont Empire, the starting area. Specifically it assumes the players start around Watchtower Avril, which I will detail over some coming posts. Basic details of the Terran Enclave are present, but if you recall my earlier post there are some missing elements here (state secrets).

I'm also thinking I need a better campaign title other than the world ship, but I'm not sure where to start, any tips? Or do you think its fine as is?

3 comments:

  1. I Love the hexcrawl part of it; exploring the alien environment hex by hex. Detailed encounter tables for each ship part would be cool, as would be "scavenging" tables for tech/machine parts.

    Maybe call the setting "Crashburn"? or "World Scar of the Star Visitors"? or "Derelict Worlds"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I'm gradually working on the encounter tables, I have the generic one and the one I created for the Arboretum.
    I hadn't thought about scavenging tables, nice idea.

    World Scar of the Star Visitors.... Interesting...

    ReplyDelete