Friday 11 December 2020

The Warrens of Mystery, Zone A

Rather than having dungeon "levels" in the Warrens I use zones. The deeper the players go the harder the zones become. For each zone I create a cheat sheet for play, a one page summary of that area.

The zone below is the main starting area I have used for both my groups, technically there are other potential starting areas but I created this as I went. 

There is no particular theme for this zone, though a large Bog'an nest in the entry themes that area. To make this encounter harder cause a cascade effect as the Bog'ans from other rooms flow through, or release the lizard in room 10 and have the Bog'ans fall back as it does its job. It was mostly randomly generated using the standard tables in ACKS and my monster random table previously covered. The encounter/restock number represents a dungeon level 2 table roll with a modifier of -3 to the d12 roll for the monster encounter level. 

I have no idea if this will work but I think the following code imbeds the PDF. I tend to run with a few key words and detail, so I don't have to read massive amounts of text as I am running the game and this sheet reflects this. I may expand on some of the flavour elements in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment